Philippians 2:5-9 is where Paul talks about Jesus becoming a slave. It was my reading for today and I was struck by the notion that becoming human may have been the stripping process. John 8:34 quotes Jesus, “everyone who sins is a slave to sin”. The letter to the Romans reassures us that though we once were slaves to sin, now we [who have believed and relied upon salvation wrought by the Christ] are slaves of righteousness.
All to say that we are not our own: first we are God’s creation, Genesis 1:26. We didn’t invent, construct, design or manufacture ourselves. Second, we truly have been bought with a great price if we receive the gift Christ offers.
Humans are slaves – either to sin or to righteousness. One leads to death, the other to everlasting life. I choose life. Which will you choose?
- Do Not Let Sin Reign in Your Mortal Body, Part 2 (phenum01.com)
- Died With Christ (Guest Post: Kalya Deep) (wrestledwithangels.wordpress.com)
- Salvation Through Jesus (dedicated2jesus.com)
- The master of the house and his slaves (dailymedit.wordpress.com)
- WHAT!! A Ticket To Sin?? (vineoflife.net)
- When Slaves Become Sons (lacykitkat.wordpress.com)