Honestly, I put off this post knowing the truth may cost me. All scripture from the 1984/1987 NIV unless otherwise stated.
Picking up in Job from the rich dying just like the rest of us Job goes on to inform his listeners about God’s plans for the wicked, my paraphrase of Job 27:13-
- 15b “…their widows will not weep for them…”
- 17 “…what he lays up the righteous will wear…the innocent will divide his silver…”
- 18-19″…the house he builds is like a moth’s cocoon…when he opens his eyes, all is gone.”
What does it mean? Some of this sounds like a description of what has happened to Job and then my thoughts turn to the disasters I have gone through and I remember:
- Luke 12:47 -48, “That servant who knows his master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving of punishment will be beaten with few blows” [sic].
- And Hebrews 12:5-7 again, “…do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those He loves…Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons.”